In 1943, when the property still contained the grounds of the Buena Vista Winery, the property was purchased by newspaper magnate Frank Bartholomew and his wife Antonia, and they restored the original winery building and press house. In 1968 the Bartholomew’s sold the small parcel of land on which Buena Vista Winery is located. After that sale Frank started Hacienda Cellars with partners, and Hacienda remained in operation until the late 1980s.
Frank and Antonia established the Frank H. Bartholomew Foundation to preserve and protect the land as a Private Park open to the public, and expressly directed that as long as it is economically feasible the Winery Building and Vineyards be maintained in operation with a focus on educating the public about California grape growing and winemaking. After the Foundation was formed, they transferred title to the land now known as Bartholomew Park to the Foundation, and Anna Pope currently serves as Trustee.
In the early 1990s the Foundation leased the 2 acres site on which the Estate Winery now stands to the Vineburg Company, which operated in the space until fall of 2018.
1000 Vineyard Lane, Sonoma, CA 95476
Tasting room hours: 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Park hours: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. – no entry after 4:30 p.m.
Hiking trail hours: 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. - gates close at 4:30 p.m.
No Tour Buses